In Episode 54, Greg and Pam discuss bait bags, camping with a cat and designers with a D. They also discuss Leaflet #6 from “The Opinionated Knitter” by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg continues to work on socks:
- Greg started the Fiber Friends Shawl by Cori Eichelberger. He is using Berroco Indio yarn in the Scarlet colorway (project page).
- Pam started a test knit for her friend Martha. She is using Anzula Nebula and APL Crafts Handmade in Blue Galaxy.
- Pam finished her Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Sideways Gloves with merino/angora yarn from BaaBerry Farms. She had a major epiphany, you can read about it in her project notes.
- Pam also worked a little on her 150 Fade by Fiber Me This. She’s using some Plymouth Happy Feet she had dyed.
- Pam still needs to put buttons on her Elizabeth Zimmermann Coat.
- Greg’s Bait Binder for needle storage.
- The 3 ring binder pages (affiliate link) that Pam uses.
- Hillsborough Yarn Shop
- Physics World Article on Knit and Stretch
- We reviewed Knitting Modular Shawls (affiliate link) by Melissa Leapman
Podcasts and Designers We Love
- Knitting Pipeline – our thoughts are with you Paula! ♥
- Twinset Designs
- Mastering The Knits
- Prairie Girls Knit & Spin
- Cori Eichelberger
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Join in on our KAL! Let’s explore color dominance with the Stripe Domination Hat by Ellen Silva. See the KAL thread in the Ravelry Group for a pattern discount code. And there is a prize up for grabs!
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Carolina FiberFest (March 22-23, 2019) in Raleigh, NC. In addition to the main event, CFF will be hosting a casual community even on Saturday March 16 in the Expo building at the NC State Fairgrounds. We will have more details soon, but if you might be able to join us, put it on your calendar!
- Blue Ridge Fiber Festival (June 7 & 8) in beautiful Sparta, NC. Some classes will be offered on June 6.
- LunaStitch is a FiberCrafty shop that specializes in handmade bags and magnetic shawl brooches.
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #6, pages 36-41. We fell a little bit more in love with EZ. Next up, Leaflet #7, pages 42-47.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.