In Episode 55, Greg and Pam discuss Sylva, Sparta and Toronto. They also discuss Leaflet #7 from “The Opinionated Knitter” by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
Special thanks to Ellen of Zephyr Creek Farm for this episode’s introduction!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg continues to work on socks:
- Greg is about 2/3 finished on the Fiber Friends Shawl by Cori Eichelberger. He is using Berroco Indio yarn in the Scarlet colorway (project page).
- Greg started and finished the Stripe Domination Hat for the KAL. He hasn’t set up a project page for it yet.
- Pam is still working on a test knit for her friend Martha. She is using Anzula Nebula and APL Crafts Handmade in Blue Galaxy.
- Pam also worked a little on her 150 Fade by Fiber Me This. She’s using some Plymouth Happy Feet she had dyed.
- Pam worked a little on her merino spinning.
- Pam started prepping the cheviot to spin for socks. She recorded a review and a mini fiber prep tutorial. She has a longer version of the tutorial also.
- Pam started her Stripe Domination Hat for the KAL.
Podcasts, Blogs, Designers and more that we love
- Down Cellar Studio – Podcast
- Imagined Landscapes – Podcast
- Fruity Knitting – Video Podcast
- The Yarn Harlot – Blog
- Wild Fibers Magazine – It’s obvious.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Join in on our KAL! Let’s explore color dominance with the Stripe Domination Hat by Ellen Silva. See the KAL thread in the Ravelry Group for a pattern discount code. And there is a prize up for grabs!
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Rising Meadows Farm Shearing Day – Saturday, February 23 – Greg and Blueberry will be attending
- Carolina FiberFest (March 22-23, 2019) in Raleigh, NC. In addition to the main event, CFF will be hosting a casual community even on Saturday March 16 in the Expo building at the NC State Fairgrounds. We will have more details soon, but if you might be able to join us, put it on your calendar! If you are interested in helping out with a volunteer shift, check out the details here.
- Blue Ridge Fiber Festival (June 7 & 8) in beautiful Sparta, NC. Some classes will be offered on June 6.
- Got My Goat of Wynham Farms is a FiberCrafty shop that specializes mohair products and is the exclusive US distributor for Adele’s Mohair. She wrote a great blog post about her trip to South Africa.
- Adele’s Mohair in South Africa has an amazing story. You can read it in detail on her website.
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #7, pages 42-47 . Next up, Leaflet #8, pages 48-51.
- Pam mentioned the Fruity Knitting Podcast Episode 57 features an interview with Meg Swanson.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.