In Episode 59, Greg and Pam discuss what happens when you knit your projects, what happens when you use your projects, and when you have to fix your projects. They also review Leaflet #10 from Elizabeth Zimmermann’s “The Opinionated Knitter.”
Special thanks to TheVetsWife for this episode’s introduction!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is working on a couple of new designs. More to come.
- Greg continues to work on his Lana Grosa Socks in Lana Grossa Meilenweit Ashbury yarn.
- Pam has been working on her Rickroll by Mary Annarella. She is using yarn from The Fibre Studio.
- Pam also added a few rounds on her CPCTC socks from Sarah Jordan. She is using yarn from ShariArts.
- Pam worked on Gina’s Brioche Cowl from Purl Soho and is back to fresh yarn!
- Pam made 8 more swirls for her daughter’s college blanket. The pattern is Swirly Pop by Marken of the Hat and I. She is using KnitPicks Chroma Worsted.
- Pam mentioned an old pattern that she had worked on called Filemot.
- Sheryl owns Homespun Heirloom Yarns and she spins gorgeous breed specific yarns in a huge variety of weights and colors. If you want to try handspun and aren’t sure where to start, get in touch with Pam!
- PassionKNITS Yarn has offered a coupon code for our listeners! Use code PKY2019 for 20% off your purchase until April 30.
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #10, pages 56-57 . The pattern included is
Woodsman’s Socks. Next up, Leaflet #11, pages 57-65.
- The blog about Carol Brown can be found here.
Podcasts We Love
- Knitting Pipeline with Paula
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Join in on our KAL! Let’s explore color dominance with the Stripe Domination Hat by Ellen Silva. See the KAL thread in the Ravelry Group for a pattern discount code. And there is a prize up for grabs!
- Don’t forget our Elizabeth Zimmermann KAL! Have you made one of her patterns? Used a technique? Tell us about it!
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Blue Ridge Fiber Festival (June 7 & 8) in beautiful Sparta, NC. Some classes will be offered on June 6.
- The Carolina FiberFest is looking for knit and crochet design submissions for the 2020 Craft-Along. Details are on the website.
- Greg attended Easter Sunrise Service at the Moravian church in Winston-Salem. His wife plays in the band, this was her 35th year playing.
- Patty Lyons’ book and DVD about fixing knitting mistakes is a great resource.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.