In Episode 60, Greg and Pam discuss Questionable Authority, Confidence and Obsessing. They also review Leaflet #11 from Elizabeth Zimmermann’s “The Opinionated Knitter.”
Special thanks to LeagleEagle for this episode’s introduction!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg finished his Lana Grosa Socks in Lana Grossa Meilenweit Ashbury yarn.
- Greg has also been knitting prototypes for future designs.
- Pam got about 1/2 a foot done on her CPCTC socks from Sarah Jordan. She is using yarn from ShariArts.
- Pam worked on Gina’s Brioche Cowl from Purl Soho and is back to fresh yarn!
- Pam made a bunch more swirls for her daughter’s college blanket. She is up to 75 made. The pattern is Swirly Pop by Marken of the Hat and I. She is using KnitPicks Chroma Worsted. She is trying to decide how to handle the edge swirls.
- Pam also got some spinning done on her merino project.
- Jessica is based in Lebanon, CT and owns Blue Anchor Boutique. She has wonderful stitch markers, progress keeps and also makes needle pouches.
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #11, pages 58-65 . Several hat patterns are included: Pillbox, Ski-Bonnet, Headband, Very Warm Hat, and Fast Cap. Next up, Leaflet #12, pages 66-71.
- We mentioned Mary Thomas’s (sic) Knitting Book (affiliate link) because Elizabeth referenced it.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- We are wrapping up the Stripe Domination Hat by Ellen Silva. Stay tuned for a new Colorwork Along
- Don’t forget our Elizabeth Zimmermann KAL! Have you made one of her patterns? Used a technique? Tell us about it!
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Blue Ridge Fiber Festival (June 7 & 8) in beautiful Sparta, NC. Some classes will be offered on June 6.
- Greg mentioned The Monkey’s Paw by W. W. Jacobs.
- Greg mentioned Jackie Onassis.
- Greg mentioned Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat by Bob Dylan.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.