In Episode 61, Greg and Pam discuss baseball, birthdays and being the boss. They also review Leaflet #12 from Elizabeth Zimmermann’s “The Opinionated Knitter.”
Special thanks to way2knitgrace for this episode’s introduction!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg started and finished his Wizarding Legacy scarf in Nerd Girl Yarn. It’s a birthday present for Blueberry. (project page)
- Greg has also been knitting prototypes for future designs.
- Pam finished Gina’s Brioche Cowl from Purl Soho. She used yarn from One Twisted Tree and Unplanned Peacock.
- Pam finished her Rickroll by Mary Annarella. She used yarn from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam made more swirls for her daughter’s college blanket. She is up to 85 made. The pattern is Swirly Pop by Marken of the Hat and I. She is using KnitPicks Chroma Worsted.
- Pam also got some spinning done on her merino project.
- Pam started the Mash It Up Hat by Babs Ausherman so she would have something to work on in the movies. She is using leftovers from her Rickroll.
- Sarah is based in Georgia and owns The Artful Princess. She project bags for all your favorite fandoms and lots of stitch markers, too!
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #12, pages 66-71 featuring the V-Necked Aran Cardigan. Next up, Leaflet #13, pages 72-75.
- Here is the hat with all 3 patterns on it.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Don’t forget our Elizabeth Zimmermann KAL! Have you made one of her patterns? Used a technique? Tell us about it!
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Blue Ridge Fiber Festival (June 7 & 8) in beautiful Sparta, NC. Some classes will be offered on June 6.
- Pam & Greg will be giving a talk about Elizabeth Zimmermann at the Ol’ North State Knitting Guild on September 9 in Raleigh, NC.
- Greg attended his local Stitch N’ Pitch. Stitch N’ Pitch looks like it used to be sponsored by TNNA, but google results now take it to a “page not found”. If you search for Stitch N’ Pitch you may be able to find an event near you.
- Pam talked about a new book she got called Bead Crochet Jewelry.
- Greg used the Clasp Weft Join in his Wizarding Legacy Scarf. Pam forgot to mention it but she is using it also in the Mash It Up hat.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Podcast is called StarTalk. The episode with George Takei was about the Star Trek Legacy.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.