In Episode 68, Greg and Pam discuss audio issues, baby gifts and talking about Elizabeth Zimmermann.
Special thanks to Chelly (BlueChinaDoll) for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg finished (sans blocking) an Eklutna Lakeside Shawl by Mary Dickerson (pattern page). He is using Knitologie Worsted Merino yarn in the Kestral colorway.
- Greg knitted 2 Milo baby vests. Pattern by Georgie Nicolson. He used Berroco Vintage DK.
- Greg knitted 2 Barley hats. Pattern by tincanknits. He used Berroco Vintage DK.
- Greg started a Gramps cardigan, Pattern by tincanknits. He is using Berroco Vintage. He used a great tutorial from tincanknits for creating balanced increases with M1L and M1R.
- Pam worked on the Julgran Sweater by Andi Satterlund. She is using 100% superwash merino worsted from PassionKNITS Yarn.
- Pam also worked on the Interplay Shaw for the Back to School Colorwork CAL. She is using yarn from Dirty Water DyeWorks.
- Pam also worked on her CPCTC Socks by Sarah Jordan.
- Pam finished plying the singles from her merino spinning project.
- Pam spun 1 ounce of merino as a test spin for one of the FiberCrafty shop owners.
- Pam prepped 1 ounce of Cheviot from Sadie Spins! to start her sock spinning project.
- OOPS! We completely forgot a FiberCrafty segment! It will be back next time!
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We skipped EZ again! Next time we will cover Leaflet #18, pages 90-93.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Don’t forget our Elizabeth Zimmermann KAL! Have you made one of her patterns? Used a technique? Tell us about it!
- Are you ready for the Back to School Colorwork CAL? It started September 1 and the Ravelry thread is already hopping! Our first winner was announced.
- The Fairs and Festivals KAL is ongoing.
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Greg is planning on going to SAFF, which runs from October 25-27. Greg intends to be there Friday and Saturday (25-26).
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.