In Episode 69, Greg and Pam discuss new patterns, stockings, and fancy fashion words.
Special thanks to Tracy (gojiragirl) for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is still working on a gramps cardigan, pattern by tincanknits. He is using Berroco Vintage.
- Greg previously finished a couple of Tiger Owl cowls. It’s his newest design, and is the official knit pattern for the Carolina FiberFest craft-along! He’s excited.
- Pam worked on the Julgran Sweater by Andi Satterlund. She is using 100% superwash merino worsted from PassionKNITS Yarn.
- Pam also worked on the Interplay Shaw for the Back to School Colorwork CAL. She is using yarn from Dirty Water DyeWorks.
- Pam also worked on her CPCTC Socks by Sarah Jordan.
- Pam previously finished the Unexpectedly Angular crochet cowl by Connie Lee Lynch.
- Pam previously finished the Tiger Owl Cowl by Greg Cohoon.
- Did you know you can search shop by location and type of shop? Give it a try!
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
- Greg reviewed the software KnitCompanion.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #18, pages 90-93, 118-119 featuring stockings! Next up, Leaflet #19, pages 94-97.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Don’t forget our Elizabeth Zimmermann KAL! Have you made one of her patterns? Used a technique? Tell us about it!
- Are you ready for the Back to School Colorwork CAL? It started September 1 and the Ravelry thread is already hopping! Our first winner was announced.
- The Fairs and Festivals KAL is ongoing.
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Greg is planning on going to SAFF, which runs from October 25-27. Greg intends to be there Friday and Saturday (25-26).
- 42nd Street Oyster Bar in Raleigh, NC is a favorite for special occasions.
- Go Ape is where Pam celebrated family birthdays.
- Greg is sad that the Braves imploded in the postseason.
- Greg enjoys a few fishing-related apps: Fishing Calendar, Solunar and Fishing Times Calendar.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.