In Episode 70, Greg and Pam discuss hard drives, afterthought sheep, and sanity.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is still working on a gramps cardigan, pattern by tincanknits. He is using Berroco Vintage.
- Greg previously finished a couple of Tiger Owl cowls. It’s his newest design, and is the official knit pattern for the Carolina FiberFest craft-along! He’s excited.
- Pam worked a tiny bit on the Julgran Sweater by Andi Satterlund. She is using 100% superwash merino worsted from PassionKNITS Yarn.
- Pam also worked on the Interplay Shaw for the Back to School Colorwork CAL. She is using yarn from Dirty Water DyeWorks.
- Pam finished her CPCTC Socks by Sarah Jordan.
- Pam finished spinning some singles from Heelside Farms. Next up is plying.
- Karen is an amazing fiber artist and she creates 2D and 3D works of art with felting. You should check out her shop, Inspiration by Karen!
- The weekly FiberCrafty newsletter always has a list of current coupon codes! And other fun stuff. Pam writes it, it’s good. You should subscribe.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- We discussed Leaflet #19, pages 94-97 featuring the Snail Hat and the Three-Spiral Hat! Next up, Leaflet #20, pages 98-101.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Don’t forget our Elizabeth Zimmermann KAL! Have you made one of her patterns? Used a technique? Tell us about it!
- Are you ready for the Back to School Colorwork CAL? It started September 1 and the Ravelry thread is already hopping! Our first and second winners were announced.
- The Fairs and Festivals KAL is ongoing.
- Greg enjoyed his weekend at SAFF, where he picked up an electric eel nano.
- Greg is collecting preemie hats via the Itty Bitty Knits Revelry group.
- Pam and Avery visited Old Sturbridge Village while in Boston) it’s about an hour west)
- Pam mentioned an interview on the Very Pink Knits Podcast about entering the Texas State Fair.
- Greg’s neighborhood used the NextDoor application to coordinate a change in trick-or-treating plans.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.