In Episode 75, Greg and Pam discuss magic, beads, and the pants. They also review Harry Potter: Knitting Magic by Tanis Gray.
Special thanks to twinsetjan Jan for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is working on the Alouette cardigan, pattern by Lisa Chemery. He is using Kraemer Yarns Perfection Sport (provided by Kraemer Yarns for review).
- Greg is working on a Tiger Owl cowl, (his own pattern). He forgot what kind of yarn he’s using.
- Pam has been working on her Swirly PoP blanket by Marken of the Hat & I for her daughter Avery. She figured out how she wants to manage the half hexagons on the edges.
- Pam has a knit a bit on her Interplay Shawl by Jo-Anne Klim.
- Pam found a good bead store in Wilmington, NC and bought beads to make some Bead Crochet Jewelry (affiliate link) with the book by Bert Rachel Freed and Dana Elizabeth Freed.
- Pam is adding a second button to her Unexpectedly Angular by Connie Lee Lynch to help it stay in place better.
- Pam finished a weaving project (dish towels) and mostly learned about things NOT to do.
Harry Potter: Knitting Magic (affiliate link)
- We reviewed the book Harry Potter: Knitting Magic by Tanis Gray. It is The Official Harry Potter Knitting Pattern Book and it’s glorious.
- We also interviewed listener martaschmarta (Marta Poling) who has 2 patterns in the book and learned about how the book came together!
- Are you ready for a Knitting Magic Knit Along? Choose any pattern in the book and make your plans! This KAL will run through February 28, 2021. You have plenty of time! Use hashtag #knittingmagickal on social media. More details in the Ravelry thread.
- We are also giving away a copy of the book next time — check out our Ravelry group for details!
- Next episode we will return to Elizabeth Zimmermann. We are almost done with The Opinionated Knitter! The next book we will tackle is Knitting Rules! (affiliate link) by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The Carolina Fiber Fest is coming up March 13-14, with classes March 12-15. Pam and Greg are both attending.
- Colleges mentioned: UNC Wilmington.
- Greg’s favorite candy is the Sweethearts heart candy.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.