In Episode 76, Greg and Pam discuss Daylight Saving Time, beading, and design modifications. They also review Spun Out #1 from The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg finished the Alouette cardigan, pattern by Lisa Chemery. He is using Kraemer Yarns Perfection Sport (provided by Kraemer Yarns for review).
- Greg finished a Tiger Owl cowl, (his own pattern). He used Aalta Yarn Truth Hand Dyed DK.
- Greg is working on a Tumbler Cozy from Knits4Comfort.
- Greg is working on a Baby Surprise Jacket, pattern by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
- Pam cast on the Copy Cat C.C beanie by Emily Ingrid for a fundraiser donation. She is using Knit Picks Mighty Stitch.
- Pam created a bracelet out of her Bead Crochet Jewelry (affiliate link) book by Bert Rachel Freed and Dana Elizabeth Freed. She is working on a necklace now.
- This is the tutorial she used to help her get the hang of it.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The Carolina Fiber Fest is coming up March 13-14, with classes March 12-15. Pam and Greg are both attending.
- Check out the #PlacesYouCanKnit hashtag on Instagram for lots of knitting fun.
- Greg enjoyed a UNCG Baseball game, which happens to be a place where you can knit.
- Check out the Sunsoaked Yarns Baseball KAL.
- Greg reviewed his experience with Kraemer Yarns Perfection Sport. He really enjoyed working with it and gives it a thumbs-up.
- Greg and Pam gave away a copy of Harry Potter: Knitting Magic by Tanis Gray! Tune in to see if you won. Thanks to Insight Editions for providing the book.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.