In Episode 77, Greg and Pam discuss cancelling fiber events, creating community, and casting on. They also review Wool Gathering from March, 2000 from The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
Special thanks to Briseis2008 Kenyon for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg finished a Tumbler Cozy (project page) from Knits4Comfort.
- Greg finished a Baby Surprise Jacket (project page), pattern by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
- Greg is working on a pair of socks (project page), incorporating design elements form Hermione’s Everyday Socks, Fish Lips Kiss Heel, and Strie Socks, Toe Up. Yarn is Whose Sock from Purl’s Yarn Emporium in Asheville, NC. Pam suggested Greg look into the Turkish Cast On.
- Pam finished the Copy Cat C.C beanie by Emily Ingrid for a fundraiser donation. She used Knit Picks Mighty Stitch.
- Pam has been working on a necklace from Bead Crochet Jewelry (affiliate link) book by Bert Rachel Freed and Dana Elizabeth Freed. She ran out of beads and is making plans to get more.
- Pam is just about done adding a few inches of length to her daughter’s Julgran sweater.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The Carolina Fiber Fest and many other have been canceled because of COVID-19. Please support indie businesses by shopping at some of their online shops! You can find lists of canceled festivals on Knitty and Knitter’s Review.
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book (affiliate link) and join the fun!
- Ravelry has a directory of Online Events.
- All of Greg’s patterns are currently free in his Ravelry Store. No coupon code needed, discount will be applied at checkout. Grab some (or all) of his patterns and start knitting! It’ll be like a virtual knit-along.
- We mentioned JKFibers, the etsy shop run by Briseis2008 Keynon (who provided the listener intro for this episode). Kenyon is providing some yarn for prizes in the #KnittingMagicKAL.
- This episode covers that last installment of The Opionated Knitter (affiliate link). We will begin our next book study with Knitting Rules (affiliate link) by Stephenie Pearl-McPhee.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.