In Episode 78, Greg and Pam discuss pollen, preparing, and photographing. They also introduce their next book, Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
Special thanks to AliceJeffcott Alice for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is working on a pair of socks (project page), incorporating design elements form Hermione’s Everyday Socks, Fish Lips Kiss Heel, and Strie Socks, Toe Up. Yarn is Whose Sock from Purl’s Yarn Emporium in Asheville, NC.
- Pam has been working on her daughter’s college blanket, Swirly PoP by Marken of the Hat & I. She is using Knit Picks Chroma Worsted and Mighty Stitch.
- Pam has also been working on her Interplay Shawl by Jo-Anne Klim with Dirty Dyeworks yarn.
- Pam cast on a pair of socks with Patons Kroy Sock FX. She’s not really following a pattern, just knitting toe-up.
- Pam started weaving a new scarf with some acrylic.
- Avery and Pam have been sewing some face masks. They are using this tutorial. CORRECTION: We started using that one but ended up using this one. The seam ripper trick in the first one looks really cool but we had a hard time getting a big enough pleat with it!
Review – KnitSwag
- Kelly of KnitSwag has come up with a cool new software that allows her to create illustrations in printed knitting. Think of it like graph paper, but it is accurate knit stitches and the image is created with those knit stitches. She takes these designs and puts them on fun stuff like mugs, water bottles, note cards, fabric and more. You can find her shop on Etsy and follow her on Instagram. DISCOUNT CODE: Kelly is offering listeners a discount. Simply use the code UNRAVELING15 for 15% off almost everything in the store. The code is good through May 7, 2020.
- We talked a few minutes to introduce Stephanie Pearl-McPhee! We will be working our way through Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter (affiliate link). You can find her blog here and her books here. Here is a great video of her knitting style. You can read her wikipedia page also.
- We aren’t exactly sure how we will break down this book but if you want to prepare for next time, read Chapter 1!
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book (affiliate link) and join the fun!
- Greg is donating unused cycles on his computer to help Folding@home. He created the BlameDST team. If you’re also participating, feel free to join the team (258246).
- We mentioned Security Chief Tim of the National Cowboy Museum and his new twitter job. You can read an article about it here.
- Greg is hosting the April 2020- Charity in the Itty-Bitty Knits group. He said something about the Family Support Network.
- All of Greg’s patterns are currently free in his Ravelry Store. No coupon code needed, discount will be applied at checkout. Grab some (or all) of his patterns and start knitting! It’ll be like a virtual knit-along.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.