In Episode 79, Greg and Pam discuss weather, weaving, and wool wash. They also begin their next book, Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
Special thanks to John for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is finished a pair of socks (project page), incorporating design elements form Hermione’s Everyday Socks, Fish Lips Kiss Heel, and Strie Socks, Toe Up. Yarn is Whose Sock from Purl’s Yarn Emporium in Asheville, NC.
- Greg started a pair of socks for his mom that doesn’t have a project page yet. Yarn is form Camel City Dyeworks.
- Greg and Blueberry started weaving.
- Pam has been working on her daughter’s college blanket, Swirly PoP by Marken of the Hat & I. She is using Knit Picks Chroma Worsted and Mighty Stitch.
- Pam has also been working on her Interplay Shawl by Jo-Anne Klim with Dirty Dyeworks yarn.
- Pam worked on her socks with Patons Kroy Sock FX. She’s not really following a pattern, just knitting toe-up.
- Pam worked on weaving a new scarf with some acrylic. She also mentioned a tablet holder with a clamp that will work on her loom.
- Pam finished her crochet bead necklace from the book Bead Crochet Jewelry.
- Pam also spun a sample for her sock spinning project with Cheviot from Sadie Spins! She mentioned the Sock Yarn Issue of Ply Magazine.
- We talked a few minutes to introduce Stephanie Pearl-McPhee! We will began the first half of Chapter 1 (up to halfway down page 14) Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter (affiliate link). You can find her blog here and her books here. Here is a great video of her knitting style. You can read her wikipedia page also.
- Next time we will finish chapter 1!
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book (affiliate link) and join the fun!
- Greg talked about signing up for Bluprint to learn some weaving techniques. He’s taking Rigid Heddle Weaving by Angela Tong and is loving it, and it’s on sale right now. Unlock EVERY class! Get 50% off Classes (affiliate links).
- Remember to wear your pants when you check the mail.
- Pam mentioned the virtual FiberFest that will be April 24-27 as part of the Facebook group Wool and Fiber Arts.
- Greg mentioned Vogue Knitting Live will be virtual.
- Pam fell down the sourdough rabbit hole. She didn’t start with this technique yet but it’s the one that most appeals to her. This is the recipe for overnight sourdough bread.
- All of Greg’s patterns are currently free in his Ravelry Store. No coupon code needed, discount will be applied at checkout. Grab some (or all) of his patterns and start knitting! It’ll be like a virtual knit-along.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Bluprint Premium, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.