In Episode 80, Greg and Pam discuss sourdough, experimenting, and hexes. They also discuss Chapter 1 in Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
Special thanks to Chasing-Rainbows Karen for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is working on a pair of socks for his mom that doesn’t have a project page yet. Yarn is form Camel City Dyeworks.
- Greg is working on a hat design.
- Greg is continuing experimenting with weaving.
- Pam has been working on her daughter’s college blanket, Swirly PoP by Marken of the Hat & I. She is using Knit Picks Chroma Worsted and Mighty Stitch.
- Pam has also been working on her Interplay Shawl by Jo-Anne Klim with Dirty Dyeworks yarn.
- Pam worked on her socks with Patons Kroy Sock FX. She’s not really following a pattern, just knitting toe-up.
- Pam started a finished a hair wrap from the pattern Beach Hair Don’t Care by Melissa Kemmerer. She used some leftover Anzula Dreamy.
- Pam finished the weaving on a scarf with some acrylic. She needs to tale it off the loom.
- We finished Chapter 1 Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter (affiliate link). You can find her blog here and her books here. Here is a great video of her knitting style. You can read her wikipedia page also.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book (affiliate link) and join the fun!
- Pam fell down the sourdough rabbit hole. She didn’t start with this technique yet but it’s the one that most appeals to her. This is the recipe for overnight sourdough bread.
- Pam bought too many strawberries and made Strawberry Jam and Strawberry Caramel Sauce.
- Pam mentioned the OttLite Floor Lamp (affiliate link).
- Greg mentioned that Bob Dylan has a new album coming out next month.
- Greg mentioned Korean baseball.
- Pam and Greg talked about Point/Counterpoint Volume 5 by KinoKnits and Jennifer Lassonde. There is a giveaway going on in the Unraveling Podcast Ravelry forum — check it out! You can also listen to the Kino Knits and Down Cellar Studio podcasts to hear the designers talk about the process of this collaboration.
- Check out the Knitty SOS page for updates on spring and summer shows that have been cancelled and how to support the vendors who were planning on attending.
- Greg and Pam talked about the death of TNNA. During the discussion, they mentioned Craft Industry Alliance and Stitchcraft Marketing.
- Pam talked abut her new phone case from KnitSwag.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Bluprint Premium, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.