In Episode 81, Greg and Pam discuss Bread, Buns, and Button Whispering.
Special thanks to LeftSteve Steve for the intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
- Greg is working on a pair of socks for his mom that doesn’t have a project page yet. Yarn is form Camel City Dyeworks.
- Greg is working on a hat design.
- Greg is continuing experimenting with weaving.
- Pam’s got nothing new. She is still working on her daughter’s college blanket, Swirly PoP by Marken of the Hat & I. She is using Knit Picks Chroma Worsted and Mighty Stitch.
- Pam has also (still) been working on her Interplay Shawl by Jo-Anne Klim with Dirty Dyeworks yarn.
- Pam didn’t even work on her socks with Patons Kroy Sock FX. She’s not really following a pattern, just knitting toe-up.
- We will be back to start Chapter 2 in Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter (affiliate link) next week.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- Last week we reviewed the new Point/Counterpoint Collection: Volume 5 by Kino Mary and BostonJen. And we are giving a copy away! The Point/Counterpoint Giveaway is still open until the next time we record.
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book (affiliate link) and join the fun!
- Greg assembled a hurdy-gurdy kit.
- Pam signed up for Informed Delivery from the USPS and loves it.
- Pam made sourdough cinnamon rolls. Deliciousness still unknown but this is the recipe.
- Last episode, we talked about the closing of TNNA. This week we mentioned that XRX is stepping in to host a wholesale tradeshow.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Bluprint Premium, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.