In Episode 90, Greg and Pam discuss auction knitting, sock spinning, and caring (or not) about gauge. They also start chapter 4 in Knitting Rules!
Special thanks to kbamr Keri for this episode’s intro! She has a fun new pattern, Go Your Own Way Cowl (both knit and crochet) (great stash buster) and a Mystery Make Along in her group. Use coupon code “unravel” to save 40% for our listeners!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
- Greg delivered The Peacock’s Tale shawl to his mom.
- Greg is donating his Mirror of Erised Cabled Cowl for a charity auction at work.
- Greg continues to work on the Romi’s Mystery Shawl 2020. He’s using Meadowcroft Dyeworks Cross Creek Sock in the Pisgah National Forrest and Harold’s Crayon color ways. He’s also adding beads! Check out his project page.
- Pam worked on the Super Soft Merino Snowflake Scarf by Purl Soho. It is for the Foster Care to Success Red Scarf Project. She is using Allegria Grande by Manos del Uruguay.
- Pam finished spinning the3rd singles of her Cheviot sock spinning project. started the final ply. The fiber is lovely from Sadie Spins Yarn!
- Pam worked on Scott’s Socks – toe-up, stockinette, FLKH using Patons Kroy Sock Fx. The first foot is done.
- Pam worked on the Flohmarkt Shawl by Mary-Ann Lammers. She is using Passion Knits Yarn in a BFL nylon base.
- Pam is going to be casting on the Dumpster Fire ornament by KinoKnits. She will use KnitPicks Palette.
- Pam is also going to cast on Pandamonium and will use Plymouth DK Merino Superwash.
- We picked up in Chapter 4 of Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter and covered pages 79-85. Next time we will cover pages 86-92.
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has a Patreon account for $6 a month and it looks like she is offering great content.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book and join the fun! We will be giving away more chatter prizes next month, so be sure to go make some comments in the Ravelry thread in order to have a chance.
- The Carolina FiberFest Virtual Pop-Up Market is scheduled for Saturday October 31 and Sunday November 1. You can find out more and play along in our Facebook Group.
- Annie Modesitt passed away. Ravelry posted a lovely tribute.
- Greg updated his KnittingDaddy.com blog about techniques he (re-)learned knitting the Mirror of Erised Cabled Cowl.
- We talked about hosting a KAL related to Cat Bordhi Rio Calina Cowl. We will probably do this after the holidays.
- Ravelry added more accessibility options. If anyone needs help logging into their Ravelry profile to change settings to make it more accessible, please email us! We are happy to help you. info AT unravelingpodcast DOT com.
- Birdie is currently wearing a sock to keep her from licking her spay incision. You can make one, too! It’s way better than a cone.
- If you have a Craftsy account, log in! You might have been upgraded to a premium account for a short period of time.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram