In Episode 91, Greg and Pam discuss fish knitting, dead microwaves, and virtual knitting opportunities. They also cover part of chapter 4 in Knitting Rules!
Special thanks to Clay Groves from the Fish Nerds Podcast for this episode’s intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
6 Shades of Stitches is a handy reference guide that invites knitters to experiment with a variety of new stitch combinations. Step-by-step instructions and a full-color photo of a hand-knitted swatch are included for each stitch. With Marina Molo’s knitting expertise at your fingertips, you have all the tools you need to create patterns that finally make your dream designs a reality. This timeless and influential book is poised to inspire a whole new generation of knitters who have yet to discover the joys and comforts of knitting. Download your free copy!
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
- Greg finished the Romi’s Mystery Shawl 2020. He’s using Meadowcroft Dyeworks Cross Creek Sock in the Pisgah National Forrest and Harold’s Crayon color ways. He’s also adding beads! Check out his project page.
- Greg started and finished a Sweet-ish Fish ornament/toy. He gave it away.
- Greg is working on a pair of socks. He is using 2 Guys Yarn Company Tweedy Toes yarn in the “No Pants!” colorway.
- Pam finished the Super Soft Merino Snowflake Scarf by Purl Soho. It is for the Foster Care to Success Red Scarf Project. She is used Allegria Grande by Manos del Uruguay.
- Pam finished finished her sock spin! The cheviot fiber is lovely from Sadie Spins Yarn!
- Pam worked on Scott’s Socks – toe-up, stockinette, FLKH using Patons Kroy Sock Fx.
- Pam worked on the Flohmarkt Shawl by Mary-Ann Lammers. She is using Passion Knits Yarn in a BFL nylon base.
- Pam cast on the Dumpster Fire ornament by KinoKnits. She is using KnitPicks Palette.
- Pam started another spinning project with 2 ounces of merino.
- We picked up in Chapter 4 of Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter and covered pages 86-92. Next time we will finish chapter 4, pages 92-101.
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has a Patreon account for $6 a month and it looks like she is offering great content.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book and join the fun! We will be giving away more chatter prizes next month, so be sure to go make some comments in the Ravelry thread in order to have a chance.
- The Carolina FiberFest Virtual Pop-Up Market is scheduled for Saturday October 31 and Sunday November 1. You can find out more and play along in our Facebook Group.
- Greg co-hosted an episode of the Fish Nerds Podcast and had a lot of fun.
- Greg is taking ukulele lessons through Fender Play.
- Pam mentioned that she tried the Long Tail Bind Off on her scarf.
- Pam is reading the book Murder, She Knit.
- Greg mentioned the Operation Sock Drawer book.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram