In Episode 92, Greg and Pam discuss barber shops, dumpster fires, and chili. They also finish chapter 4 in Knitting Rules!
Special thanks to LeCours (Laurie) for this episode’s intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
- Greg is almost finished a pair of socks. He is using 2 Guys Yarn Company Tweedy Toes yarn in the “No Pants!” colorway.
- Greg started the Rio Calina Cowl by Cat Bordhi. He is using Knitologie Silken Worsted yarn in the Verdant colorway.
- Pam worked on Scott’s Socks – toe-up, stockinette, FLKH using Patons Kroy Sock Fx.
- Pam worked on the Dumpster Fire ornament by KinoKnits. She is using KnitPicks Palette.
- We picked up in Chapter 4 of Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter and covered pages 92-101. Next time we will start chapter 5, pages 103-125.
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has a Patreon account for $6 a month and it looks like she is offering great content.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book and join the fun! We will be giving away more chatter prizes next month, so be sure to go make some comments in the Ravelry thread in order to have a chance.
- Greg mentioned a number of recipes he made with his InstantPot. He has made chili, stuffed peppers, wings and Chicken Spaghetti.
- They talked about Pam’s Air Fryer lid for her Instantpot.
- Greg also talked about Souper Cubes.
- Greg shared a news story about a yarn vending machine.
- Franklin Habit has a new Vlog and he talks about swatching.
- Pam mentioned Try It On Tubing.
- Greg talked about Calibre ebook software.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram