In Episode 93, Greg and Pam discuss Christmas socks, old yarn, and swaps.
Special thanks to Blueberry and Olive for this episode’s intro!
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.
Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.
- Greg finished a pair of socks. He is using 2 Guys Yarn Company Tweedy Toes yarn in the “No Pants!” colorway and incorporated The Discretion Cuff, which looks awesome.
- Greg finished an ornament for a swap in the Itty Bitty Knits Ravelry group.
- Greg started a new pair of socks. He is using Apothefaery Fabrications Middle of the Road Sock yarn.
- Greg continues to work on the Rio Calina Cowl by Cat Bordhi. He is using Knitologie Silken Worsted yarn in the Verdant colorway.
- Pam worked on Scott’s Socks – toe-up, stockinette, FLKH using Patons Kroy Sock Fx.
- Pam worked on the Dumpster Fire ornament by KinoKnits. She is using KnitPicks Palette.
- Pam cast on the Pandamonium Hat by iKnit2Purl2 for her niece. She is using Plymouth Yarn DK Superwash Merino.
- Pam worked on a spinning project with merino wool.
- Last year Pam crocheted the Malia Bag by Yarn + Chai. She sewed a lining to put into it and used 2 tutorials. One tutorial was for making the lining and the second was for hand sewing it in.
- Pam reviewed Manos Del Uruguay Alegria Grande that she used to make the Super Soft Snowflake Scarf by Purl Soho.
- Worsted weight, 75% superwash merino 25% nylon
- 197 yards/180 m 100 grams
- Beautiful tonality
- Easy to work with
- No bleeding at all!
- Manos is a member of the World Fair Trade Organization.
- Manos yarns are produced by skilled artisans in cooperatives located throughout Uruguay.
- Every skein purchased helps a woman in Uruguay support her family.
- Each skein is signed by the artisan so that you know who made your yarn and which village it came from.
- Many thanks to Fairmount Fibers, North American Distributor of Manos del Uruguay yarns for providing the yarn for review!
- We will start Chapter 5 (pages 103-125) of Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter next time.
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has a Patreon account for $6 a month and it looks like she is offering great content.
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
- The #KnittingMagicKAL is in full swing. Knit anything from the Knitting Magic book and join the fun! We will be giving away more chatter prizes next month, so be sure to go make some comments in the Ravelry thread in order to have a chance.
- Greg went trout fishing. Greensboro City Lakes stocks a small pond every winter.
- Pam shared a news story about the world’s oldest yarn fragment.
- Pam shared that Carolina FiberFest will be virtual in 2021.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram
2 thoughts on “Episode 93 — Whatever “Normal” Is”
I was looking for some Christmas yarn too, and I found a treasure trove of yarn to select from on Etsy. I need to get an order in as soon as possible.
That’s where I ended up ordering my yarn from. It should arrive in the next day or two. I’m excited!