In Episode 50, Greg and Pam discuss hands, birds, and armholes. They also discuss Leaflet #4 from The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
- Greg knitted a kippah using the Basic Knit Kippah (Yarmulka) In Reverse Stocking Stitch pattern by Jennifer Tocker, yarn is KnitPicks Swish DK (project page).
- Pam primarily worked on The Elizabeth Zimmerman Coat using Cascade Ecological Wool. She’s on sleeve island (1st sleeve island)!
- Pam finished the fingerless gloves for her brother’s birthday. Twice. They are Tony’s Cashmere Scarf & Gloves. She is using Lion Brand Wool Ease.
- Pam worked on her Fish Lips Kiss Heel socks. She’s using Lang Jawoll Cotton Stretch Color.
- Pam finished spinning and plying the Rambouillet fiber.
Review & Giveaway
By Hand Serial – By Hand is a series of lookbooks that focus on different fiber and fabric “making communities” around the country. We gave away a copy — tune in to see if you won.
Podcasts We Love
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Carolina FiberFest (March 22-23, 2019)
- APLCrafts Handmade is a shop on FiberCrafty and Alicia, the owner, is a member of our Ravelry group! Pam just published a blog post featuring Alicia and her hand dyed yarn. Alicia is offering a couple of deals right now – through November 30 you can get $3 off each item and free US shipping with code KNITWORTHY. Until December 31 you can get $3 off each item with code KNITSTUFF.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- Leaflet #4 discussed, pages 22-25.
- Bird scooters.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.