In Episode 49, Greg and Pam discuss preemie hats, teacher gifts, and British Columbia. They also discuss Leaflet #3 from The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
FiberCrafty’s independently owned shops are stocked with yarn, fiber, project bags, stitch markers and more. With filter terms specific to yarn and fiber, the ability to save favorites, and a secure checkout process, it’s better than a 24 hour fiber festival! For shop owners, our easy to use interface makes selling online easy. FiberCrafty is owned by one woman that has a crazy love of yarn and knitting. Greg’s favorite feature? Pants are optional. Shop for your next project at FiberCrafty.
Listen To The Episode
- Greg is working on Lana Grossa Socks (making up basic pattern), yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Ashbury.
- Greg is finished (sans blocking and buttons) Flower Cardigan by Ewelina Murach, yarn is KnitPicks Swish DK (project page).
- Greg is working on his mitered square blanket (project page).
- Greg started Emmen by Susan B. Anderson, but used the wrong weight yarn (project page).
- Pam crocheted a little baby blanket for her niece’s African Market basket baby bed. Mostly double crochet and slightly crooked.
- Pam primarily worked on The Elizabeth Zimmerman Coat using Cascade Ecological Wool. She’s making progress!
- Pam started some fingerless gloves for her brother’s birthday. They are Tony’s Cashmere Scarf & Gloves. She is using Lion Brand Wool Ease.
- Pam worked on her Fish Lips Kiss Heel socks. She’s using Lang Jawoll Cotton Stretch Color.
- Pam worked on spinning her final singles of the Rambouillet fiber.
- Pam made a couple of clothesline bowls. There are lots of tutorials on Pinterest but she mostly used this one.
Review & Giveaway
Podcasts We Love
- 2 Knit Lit Chicks
- Knitting Pipeline
- Back Stage Knitting
- Prairie Girls Knit And Spin
- Twinset Designs
- Yarns At Yin Hoo
Current/Upcoming Unraveling Events
Upcoming Events Where You Might Find Us
- Carolina FiberFest (March 22-23, 2019)
- Pam has started a blog series for shop owners about running a Curated Online shop. The first one can be found on her blog.
The Opinionated Knitter (affiliate link)
- Leaflet #3 discussed, pages 22-25
- Greg talked about the Stripe Domination hat pattern if you want to experiment with color dominance.
- Pam’s neighborhood Halloween Parade can be seen here.
- We talked about Penzey’s Spices which is mostly mailorder and amazing.
Affiliate Link Disclosures
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Craftsy, Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.
Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Periscope: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry, @FiberCrafty and @pammaher on Instagram, and owner of the FiberCrafty marketplace.